Iowa State University’s 100% online Civil Engineering Masters Degree provides a unique blend of technical and managerial education that will help you solve problems and compete in ever-changing civil, construction, and environmental engineering world. You may join the program at the beginning of any semester and take graduate courses at a pace that suits your needs. Classes are taught by our faculty members who are well-known in their fields. Courses are delivered asynchronously, so you may choose the day, time, and location to complete course activities allowing for maximum flexibility. The degree is built by you and your academic advisor. You may choose a course work only option or creative component option.
Following is a list of courses offered online by our department:
- Advanced Construction Special Topics: LEED for New Construction – CE 594L Summary
- Construction Special Topics: Planning & Scheduling – CE 594A Summary
- Special Topics in Construction Engineering & Mgmt: Engineering for Disaster and Climate Resilience – CE594Y
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or equivalent.
- GRE guidelines: Verbal 146, Quantitative 155, Analytical Writing 3.0
- The GRE requirement may be waived for an applicant who has a bachelor’s or higher degree from a United States ABET accredited institution.
- International applicants must submit one of the following English proficiency exam scores, and must meet or exceed:
- TOEFL (iBT 82)
- IELTS (6.5)
- DuoLingo (105)
- The English exam requirement may be waived if a degree is earned from a country where English is the only official language. See page 2 of the ISU International Graduate Application Instructions.
- Applicants with a degree that is not engineering can qualify for the program.
- There are civil and/or construction engineering prerequisite courses that can be completed as a nondegree student.
- The prerequisite courses will not count towards degree requirements.
The Master’s programs in Civil Engineering or the Construction Engineering and Management specialization are designed to assist individuals who already have a bachelor’s degree in engineering or related areas to pursue in-depth study. The flexibility of the program allows students broaden their skill set and depth of knowledge based on individual needs.