Iowa State University’s 100% online Civil Engineering Masters Degree provides a unique blend of technical and managerial education that will help you solve problems and compete in ever-changing civil, construction, and environmental engineering world. You may join the program at the beginning of any semester and take graduate courses at a pace that suits your needs. Classes are taught by our faculty members who are well-known in their fields. Courses are delivered asynchronously, so you may choose the day, time, and location to complete course activities allowing for maximum flexibility. The degree is built by you and your academic advisor. You may choose a course work only option or creative component option.
Following is a list of courses offered online by our department:
- CE 501- Pre-construction Project Engineering and Management – CE 501 Summary
- CE 502 – Construction Project Engineering and Management – CE 502 Summary
- CE 503 – Construction Management Function and Processes – CE 503 Summary
- CE 505 – Design of Construction Systems – CE 505 Summary
- CE 594A – Planning and Schedule – CE 594A Summary
- CE 594L – Advanced Building Construction Topics – CE 594L Summary
- CE 594O – Highway and Heavy Construction – CE 594O Summary
- CE 519 – Methods for Data-Driven Computational Engineering Research – CE 519 Summary
- CE 522 – Water Pollution Control Process – CE 522 Summary
- CE 553 – Traffic Engineering – CE 553 Summary
- CE 561 – Applied Foundation Engineering – CE 561 Summary
- CE 589 – Pavement Preservation and Rehabilitation – CE 589 Summary
- Visit Engineering-LAS Online for a list of all online courses offered at ISU
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or equivalent.
- GRE guidelines: Verbal 146, Quantitative 155, Analytical Writing 3.0
- The GRE requirement may be waived for an applicant who has a bachelor’s or higher degree from a United States ABET accredited institution.
- International applicants must submit one of the following English proficiency exam scores, and must meet or exceed:
- TOEFL (iBT 82)
- IELTS (6.5)
- DuoLingo (105)
- The English exam requirement may be waived if a degree is earned from a country where English is the only official language. See page 2 of the ISU International Graduate Application Instructions.
- Applicants with a degree that is not engineering can qualify for the program.
- There are civil and/or construction engineering prerequisite courses that can be completed as a nondegree student.
- The prerequisite courses will not count towards degree requirements.
The Master’s programs in Civil Engineering or the Construction Engineering and Management specialization are designed to assist individuals who already have a bachelor’s degree in engineering or related areas to pursue in-depth study. The flexibility of the program allows students broaden their skill set and depth of knowledge based on individual needs.